A common problem when away on holiday / touring is the lack of internet access. We live in such a connected world nowadays that this absence of internet can be frustrating. There are some other ways of getting internet but these are often unreliable or expensive and this is where the Oyster Internet System comes into its own.
The Oyster Internet HDTV satellite system fuses both TV reception and satellite Internet reception for Motorhomes and Caravans in one single satellite system. At the push of the button, via remote, the Oyster Internet system automatically starts searching for the desired satellite – the system its self will lock onto either a TV satellite or a satellite with Internet connectivity such as Astra 3 or Hellas Sat.
The Oyster Internet Satellite System offers European wide coverage.This will vary dependent on your chosen ISP.
Once connected you will have full internet access to make calls using inexpensive VOIP services, chat, surf the Internet and send & receive emails.
At time of writing satellite internet prices start at £15.95 per month before activation fees, there are several ISP to choose from and many can tailor additional fees for your needs.
Oyster Internet HDTV Key Features:
- Autoskew LNB – this is the only motorhome / caravan satellite internet system that as standard has an automatically control LNB skew angle, this is particularly advantageous when going to the extremes of the satellite footprint i.e. West to East and can help improve reception in far areas.
- HDTV Receiver – as standard the Oyster Internet HDTV comes with a HD receiver that can pick up Free to Air channels in HD with HDMI out.
- ISP Independent – now you can use which ISP satellite broadband ISP you want. The system comes to you with effectively an unlocked modem all you need is the MAC number when signing up.
Oyster Internet HDTV Satellite System Specifications:
- Fully automatic search.
- 2-Way Interactive LNB.
- Large 85cm Dish.
- Satellite Mouse – to hide your receiver.
- Automatic retraction at vehicle start.
- Water repellent design.
- Height: 23cm.
- Weight: 17KG (Approx).
- Power: 12 and 24 VDC.
- Current when searching: 8A, current whilst in internet operation: 3A.
The Oyster Internet HDTV system comes to you with a built in satellite receiver as standard, this unit is built into the control box which can be hidden away out of sight as it has a remote eye AKA “Sat-Mouse” which can pic up the infrared signals from the remote control. The combined controller and receiver unit gives you the ability to power up the system as well as select which satellite you want and set the system to internet mode – this system is really easy to use and straight forward.
Using the Oyster Internet system is easy, you pull up to your overnight halt / pitch, point the remote in the general direction of the “Sat-Mouse” and power it up. To get online hit menu and press OK on Internet Service. The Oyster satellite internet system will automatically adjust the LNB skew angle and begin searching.
The Oyster Internet system typically takes 30-60 seconds to actually get online.